Friday, March 2, 2012

My Own Revlon Nail Bar

I can't stop buying Revlon nail polishes. Someone needs to restrain me from entering Gloss, because each time I step inside, I'm incapable of resisting buying one or two (or three or four). They have such a vast selection on display at just $4.95 per bottle, I'm like a kid in a candy store. Here is my latest mini haul, adding 4 to my existing collection of 17.



l-r: Cloud, Cotton Candy, Silver Screen, Not So Blueberry

Of these, I'm most happy with Cloud. This blue-based pastel lavender creme is right up my alley. It's very similar to another one of my favourite Revlon polishes, Gum Drop, except that Cloud is a more grey and blue, and Gum Drop more purple. Cotton Candy is a really feminine and pretty baby pink with subtle gold shimmer. Silver Screen looked so appealing in the bottle that I couldn't resist, even though I have several polishes very close to it already. Application with this one was a little tricky, given how prone metallic polishes are to streaking. I was hoping it would have more of a lilac undertone to give it a point of difference, but to my eyes it's quite a conventional metallic silver. Not So Blueberry was a surprise hit, in that I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. I'd describe this as a jewel-toned, medium blueish-purple with fine silver and (almost imperceptible) aqua shimmer. Gorgeous violet hue and sparkling finish.

8 comments:

  1. Wearing different nail colors is such a lovely idea to spice up every outfit!
    It looks so beautiful! :)
    You got a great blog! Wanna follow each other? x

    fashion is for idiots [like us]
    fashion is for idiots [like us]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh I love the metallic colors! they turned out really well, reminds me of candy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. all are such pretty shades! i think cloud would be my favorite too though

    ReplyDelete
  4. OO not so blueberry is sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cloud is so pretty. It's like an even bluer version of MUA's new U ROK. I'm thinking of pastel candy nail art now. :p x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cloud is such a cute color and Not so blueberry is gorgeous!!! I'm definitely gonna look out for it the next time I hit the drugstore! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like cloud, I don't remember seeing that shade in stores here. Then again I'm not a huge nail polish fan, my mom always picks out nail polish for me x)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...